Monday, January 18, 2010

On using my talents

For a couple of years now I've struggled to find age-appropriate and modest church clothes for the girls, especially Mattie and Lauren. I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and make skirts for them. I took them all to the fabric store and let them choose their own material and this is what we came up with. Can you guess who's who?


I love that Mattie and Lauren will still do silly things because their mother asks them to - like twirling around for a picture.


I think they turned out really cute - the girls and the skirts! (Unfortunately our camera isn't working so well lately so we have this smudgy look to all of our pictures.)

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I love seeing them posing all together. I thought sewing for two girls was a lot of work. Three girls is even more work!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job Julie! They look really good...I like the coordinating stripes at the hem line. Now, you just have to make sure you teach THEM how to sew. It really is becoming a lost art, but it can be so worthwhile and fulfilling to do...
    Glad to see you're putting your talents to a good use!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out really cute! I just sewed one for Emma but yours are way cuter-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you make some for Kenna? :) They are darling! What talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just great, Julie! Way to go! (I guessed Quinn right)I never thought you would sew again after I forced you and Beth to finish your own outfits long ago.

    ReplyDelete