Friday, January 1, 2010

December to Remember

Hi all....Chris here this time. Julie put me in charge of updating our blog tonight. I think she is a little worn out from the holidays...and she really wanted to finish a sewing project she's had on hold since the December whirlwind started. She is upstairs working on it now.

At first I was reluctant to do a Christmas update blog....not that I'm grinch or anything but its the new year now and I'm ready to move on. Julie convinced me that we (I) needed to do an update to document our Christmas season. I didn't have much else going on tonight so I relented and started looking through the pics from the month. As I did, I started to realize the great month we had. It was busy for sure....but busy with fun activities, family, and Christmas spirit. So I'm glad I got this assignment....it made me remember how blessed we are.

Ok, roll the tape....

The month started with a Christmas dance recital by Mattie, Lauren and Quinn. They did great.

Grandpa Steve even came. Its been a while since he last came to a dance recital....judging by the picture below he must have enjoyed it...how could he not with these three?

The week before Christmas, my sister Brooke surprised us with a visit. Our kids were estactic to see their cousins and had a lot of fun throughout the week. It included a trip to HooDoo for some snow and sledding.


Christmas morning finally came. After a few obligatory pictures we tore into the gifts. Santa seemed to do a pretty good job this year.


We love the blanket Annee....it is wonderful. Soft and cozy and very coveted in our house.


So there you have it. Christmas 2009 documented. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

  1. We have one of those blankets too, so I couldn't resist spreading the cuddly cheer. Darin said it was a "random" gift, but I assured him that it would be well loved! I'm glad you appreciated it.

    We wish we could have been there to hang out with all those cousins. Looks like fun. Great job on the blog update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris & Julie,

    Saw your blog on a mutual friend's site, ie the Stancliffs. Looks like you have quite a crew. We were at Hoodoo last week. Maybe we'll see you around sometime. Travis P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent first post, Chris. I think you have some great blogging potential!

    ReplyDelete