Friday, January 29, 2010

Can you spell snowman?

Jonas and I spend a lot of time together while the other kids are at school. Sometimes it's hard to entertain him, but when we woke up one morning this week to a little bit of snow he really wanted to build a snowman. He asked me all day and it kept getting later and later in the day. I finally realized that if we didn't do it now all the snow would melt and he wouldn't get to build his snowman and it was really important to him. So after I got my priorities straight we went out and built his snowman which he named "Snowman Mountain". (Mom, thanks for the snowman 'kit'.)





Several days later he had just as much fun kicking down Snowman Mountain as he did building him. I'm thankful that I'm able to stay home with my children and build snowmen before the snow melts.

Quinn came home from school last Monday very excited because she won the spelling bee in her class! She went on to the first grade spelling bee and came in third - out of the whole first grade! I'm thankful to have kids I can be proud of.

Also under 'events of the previous week', Jonas burned his little hand on the dryer. He's a funny boy and likes to put his clothes in the dryer in the morning before putting them on - you know how warm and cozy they are when they come out, especially on a cold morning. His curiosity kicked in and he thought he'd touch the fan in the back - the very hot fan. It was painful and blistered, but thanks to the medical world by that night he was pain-free. I guess I'm feeling thankful today - what are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for two fantastic daughters and their wonderful husbands and for nine terrific grandchildren. I am also thankful for their blogs so I can visit them now and then.

    ReplyDelete