Friday, August 28, 2009

This goes out to the overseas Earnests

In response to a comment Anne made on her blog these are some pictures of a typical, unblog-worthy day at the Earnests':

I know it's not entirely safe, but Jonas likes to pour his macaroni in when we made mac n' cheese for lunch so here's the 3 year old cooking.

After a rousing game of Life with Mattie and Lauren, Quinn is left to clean up...

while the girls are off to swim with one of their friends who has moved to another school this year. Please note the bags they are sporting - one of the projects they insisted I help them make. They did a great job on them!.

Some vegetables harvested from our garden.

When Sam is not outside running around with friends, he is usually on the computer working on a stop motion film. I've lost count of how many he's made this summer, usually with the help of a cousin or friend. They are very creative - I'll have to see if I can post one of them.

And I finished this blanket for Andy and Heather's new baby, Cashlynn. (Heather says Andy is already looking for a horse to buy for her.)

So I hope you've enjoyed spending the day with us. I edited out all complaints, fights, and any teasing that may have occurred.

3 comments:

  1. This IS blog-worthy to those of us who do not see you every day! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Mattie's and Lauren's bags are wonderful! Is that the idea you picked up in Fredericksburg? I am so impressed with your harvest! And your baby blanket is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Julie!! I totally appreciate it. It's often the mundane that is the most real and interesting. Thanks for sharing! I love that Lauren and Mattie are crafting. Ruby and Jane want me to teach them to sew. I don't really want to share my sewing machine with them though.

    ReplyDelete