Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One Sweet Boy

Today I was feeling frustrated by all of the kids needing something. I felt like I was going from one person's problem to another's. This has been the theme of my summer really. And this week I only have four children, but four is still a lot and they all still need things from me. Every one of them, every second of the day. So I'm sitting in the front room feeling the frustration (and it doesn't help that I just poked a needle into my thumbnail) when Jonas comes in. He says to me, "I'm going to play the piano, mommy. The music will make you happy." And it did. I felt like someone wanted to take care of my needs - who cares that it was the 3 year old or that he's been a fourth of the frustration all day. He made me happy while he played the piano for me.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I need someone to play the piano for me too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling for you in the frustration part....there are just SO many people who need things from me (I guess it's kind of my fault, seeing as they all are my children). It's tough though, when you spend an entire day taking care of everyone else....glad that Jonas could make you happy for a bit!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonas is a great little guy. He makes me smile. What are you making?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sort of feel like I was whining the other day, but I wasn't trying to - I was showing my gratitude for Jonas.

    ReplyDelete