Wednesday, December 28, 2011

our mother got busy so we've taken over the blog

PART ONE
since our mom is too busy to update the blog we thought we would take over. So here is a look at the last 8 months of or life!
In July mom and dad decided to go to Hawaii without us (completely unfair). Mom celebrated her 40th birthday there and they had a lot of fun... without us :(



Then we spent the rest of the summer hanging out.
Mattie and I went to girls camp. It was our first year and it was so much fun!! Can't wait to go back next year!


Sam did his Eagle project! He painted a united states map on the playground at a new Elementary school. It took some work, but when it was done it looked great.

Then Mattie and I have developed a liking for photography-here are a few of our pictures.
And of course our trip to Northern California. We went to the Redwood forest. Hiked around for a while. It was pretty cool and it was a really nice hike!
and of course we had to visit Paul Bunyan

After the Redwoods we took a rafting trip down the Smith River.

then we hiked down to the beach

Then summer ended and we all went back to school. Sam started High School and Jonas is a Kindergartener, Quinn started the 3rd grade and Mattie and I are in the 7th grade. We've definitely kept busy with dance,swimming, and volleyball. Well that gets us to October, but I'm tired of sitting at the computer so I'll get the blog fully caught up tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Great work, girls! Your mom may get used to you doing this...so be careful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your next great contribution to your family blog!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - send your girls to my house to do my updates!! :) Great job!! I need someone to do that here... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to visit the Redwoods, looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Mattie and Lauren! Try and teach Maggie how to do this while you've got her there- that would be a great help to me! Can't wait to hear about your super fun Christmas with your super fun California cousins!

    ReplyDelete